Setting up and running a software is not always an easy thing. We get that. That’s why we try to help everybody as good as possible with their instance of Rocket.Chat. And while we do like to help everybody, it just isn’t feasible in any case. That is why we have to limit the support by the core team to some extent.
The following paragraphs will tell you about limits of the support the core team can give as well as where to find the community to help you and how you yourself can contribute by reporting bugs to us on Github.
Supported versions of Rocket.Chat
As of now, only the latest stable version of Rocket.Chat is supported. This means that you should always update to latest stable before reporting any bugs or before you ask the community.
In case of security-relevant bugs we might decide to backport patches to older releases on a case-by-case basis. Please understand though, that those will be rare exceptions. If you want to play it safe, upgrade to latest stable.
Supported browser versions
The ecosystem of browsers has been, and still is, an ever evolving field of change. Since the rate of change is tremendous, we also have to limit the support to recent browsers. We’re usually quite good with that but some older browsers just don’t support some features that we build upon. That is why we limit or support for browsers in the following way:
- We support the latest 2 versions of each browser
- We do not support or work around bugs in browsers that are not supported anymore by their developers
There may be small exceptions in rare cases but the above is the general rule.
That being said, here’s how you can find out if your browser version is still supported (all lists include an indication if a specific browser version is still supported or not):
- Version history of Mozilla Firefox
- Version history of Google Chrome
- Version history of Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Version history of Apple Safari
We have a great community that likes to give back.
Some great places to ask your questions:
Our community also often hangs out on our community server.
Some of the channels to get help:
- #support channel for help with general Goalify.Chat
- #ubuntu-snap channel for help with snap installs
- #desktop channel for help with the desktop client
- #hubot channel for help with hubot scripting
- #dev channel for developers needing help developing new features
Remember to have a little patience. Support is provided by other members of the community like you in their free time.
If you think you have found a bug. Please see Reporting Issues