Mobile Notifications Gateway Configuration
The following description, from community member @lvh1 and updated by @lunitic, describes how to configure mobile notification gateways using the latest edition of Goalify.Chat.
To configure mobile notifications using the Goalify.Chat gateway:
- Go to https://console.developers.google.com/ and create a project there.
- Go to API Manager, and enable “Google Cloud Messaging for Android”
- In API Manager, open the “Credentials” tab, click “New credentials”, then “API key”. In the window that pops up, choose “Server key”
- Fill in the correct IP address from your server and click “Create”
- Fill in the obtained API key in your Goalify.Chat administrator panel (GCM API Key)
- The GCM Project Number which you also have to fill in on Goalify.Chat can be found “Project Settings” of your Google developers project, Settings are located by clicking the three dot drop down in the top right corner . (https://console.developers.google.com/home/dashboard, http://i.imgur.com/Zfp2SsV.jpg)
Fill in GCM Project Number in the file www/shared/js/android_sender_id.js, replace “YOUR-ANDROID-ID-HERE” with your GCM Project Number
For iOS you need an apple developer account that costs US$99 per year. Follow instructions here: https://github.com/raix/push/blob/v3.x/docs/IOS.md
- Go to “Administration”, then “Push”
- Set the Enable Gateway to False, then you will use your own Goalify.Chat as gateway instead of the https://goalify.chat server
- Restart server
Now you should be able to Send a test message. Make sure that you have logged in to the server once, and then closed the app. You should see a test notification after you pressed the send button.